View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Lokiiiiii
Alt

re: The Finale

Before you begin your reading. I advise you stick something on to listen to. One of my Favourite is this:

So I'd like to state in plain text, I am done with the game. That's the tl;dr version. Onto the really long ass version.

As you all probably know things in the guild haven't been looking great over the last few weeks and I've tried my hardest to keep it all together without lying to myself or anyone else too much about our situation.

The mix of people's attitudes we have in this guild is all ends of the spectrum. We had people who wanted full on progression extending lockouts and then we had people who just didn't really mind on what they did. Then we had people who generally didn't give a fuck about the guild as long as they got in a run on reset night. The last one is a fucking killer for me.

We've called several raids over the last few weeks and it's about time I face the situation and tell you all that it's been pretty dire since i took over from Erinn. Not blaming him by the way. Just meaning he had a lot of shit to deal with during his time as GM also.

This guild has been fuelled by the few people who showed up every night and without an attitude problem. I thank the fuck out of you guys seriously. I fucking love you for the effort and time you put into the raid nights. You know who you are without me having to make a pet list.

Dmages and Maeriel have kept me fucking sane through it all. They've done countless tasks for me that i couldn't ask more of officers. I genuinely owe a lot of gratitude to them both. I really couldn't ask for better officers.

As for Cola; Some of you love him and lots of you hate him. He is a really great guy. He's just hit rockbottom of the game like i did. He took it a bit far sometimes but his points to me were always valid. He might of seemed a useless cunt since i took control of the guild, but not many of you know how many hours me and him spent behind the scenes trying to come up with tactics and Strategies for us to down the bosses we did. He deserves a lot of credit for valid points, even if i did silence him a lot.

Apple and Nailbomb's short run as my Day time officer was helpful and they had the best intent for helping me out, I made the call to make them officer far to late.

The background of me quitting the game a long and twisting path. I quit the game 3 years ago. Yes 3 years. I came back to help out a previous guild which Rokang was GM of at the time and I stayed to help out and hopped around the server to further help friends out get into guilds.

The problem has always been the same for me. I join a guild and they see value in me and make me officer and basically make me do all their shit until the guild nosedives. It's happen my whole Warcraft raiding career. I was even in a 25 man raiding guild that were rank 46th in the World. The same shit happened there. This next statement may seem big headed and egotistic, but fuck it. I have the right to say. The statement is this; I wish i was fucking shit at the game so i could feel like i was being carried just so my guilds would last longer.

Onto the sad stuff. I'm very sorry for putting you into this situation and to those I've never seen eye-to-eye with. I applaud all the effort of people over the last 3-4 months for showing even when you knew it was gonna be grim.

I'm not sure what will happen to Vallyants, and honestly right now that's the least of my worries.

My worries are making sure the fair few of you who continue playing the game get what you want out of it. Please for the love of god don't stagger yourself to just Darkspear. A lot of you could easily be 14/14HC by now and if not easily be progressing on Heroic Garrosh. As formally as possible. If you want to find a new guild please do it off darkspear. Your skillsets are far to good to be kept on this back-end server. And i really mean that. I understand a lot of you will want to stay because of that 1 friend, but you have a massive opportunity to find a new guild and make a lot more friends from it. Again, Please don't cripple yourself here. I want to extend this apology to those of you who moved from another server or guild recently. It's such a dick move on my behalf and I'm really sorry, but you've all got some decent progress under your belt to easily find another guild and i recommend you do.

I will be looking to give someone GM in the guild that has been here a long time and someone i trust, for obvious reasons. I will take suggestion. I will however not dump it on someone and make them feel like they have to make it work. Don't feel like that. Move to another guild or server. Please.

I'm also in for helping any of you to find a new guild or help with applications to make sure you get what you want from the game. I do really want the best for you guys.

My play-out. I've enjoyed every minute of raiding with you guys. Some nights it may seem like total bullshit, but I have. My heart isn't in the game any more and hasn't been in it for 3 years so i had to make it work and enjoy what little time we raided. I would write personal notes for all of you but, that would take far too much fucking time. You guys have been great fun to raid with and play. Made a lot of friends from this guild and i hope to keep a lot of you for many years to come as friends. I appreciate the long read and thanks for the good and bad times....and well the just fucked up retarded moment times.

I would love for you guys to stay in touch with me. I'd rather enjoy to hear how far you have come in the game. And hell maybe i'll come back for a dabble, but nothing will seriously hold me to this game. Again thank you all!

PS. If you want to stay in touch with me Details below. Thanks.

Skype; hatchetchild

Steam; justifiedsoul

real id; Lokii#2513

Email; JJinwales@hotmail.com

Please leave a note on who you are when you add me. Would help a lot. Thanks in advance.

Peace the fuck out guys.

Last edited by Lokiiiiii on Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:15; edited 1 time in total
Sental
Raider

I know some of how you feel. It's the part of the reason I stopped raid leading and came to Valiance. You are a great tank and a great gm that's why it always fell to you. I know some people won't agree but i think you were a better GM than Erinn. (that's not saying Erinn wasn't good either)

I've added you on real id. Enjoy yourself whatever to do with yourself now you have all this time. Also I didn't think of you as a Beethoven fan.

sental#2378

Last edited by Sental on Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:35; edited 1 time in total
JultomteE

no more flying lawnmower? ;/

faakk, love u lokii GL with whatever u do!

Schoemp
Trial Raider

re: ty !

Ty for being honest and given me the change to raid HC ! 

Good luck !

Nailbomb2

Want to add my thanks as well to all the peeps that have shown up 3/4 nights a week and got us where we are. To get to 10/14hc on darkspear is no mean feat.

Dunno about you guys, but tbh I've been starting to feel a bit of burnout recently. We do a lot of raiding and it's the enthusiasm of you guys and the progress that we've been making that's kept me raiding.

This has been a long expansion and we've all been raiding a hell of a lot for a long time. Guess it's time for a breather before next expac ;p

Personally I think i'll be staying in Valiance for now, but for any that do take this opportunity to move on I wish you all the best and feel free to add me.  Nailbomb#2493  / grebo75@hotmail.com

Finally a big thanks to all the officers, and to Lokii for stepping in when Erinn went AWoL. It's a big time commitment just to raid so much, let alone with all the officer shizz added. Respect guys.

Arqos
Raider

Yes I'd like to thank everyone who always showed up and help get the kills. Its been an honor raiding with you all.

Thanks for giving me the heroic experience I was looking for. Progression may not always been great. But I always liked our raid members and raiding with you all.

I'd like to thank the officers aswell and lokii especially keeping the guild going after Erinn left and doing a phenomonal job both leading the guild and the raids.

Hope to keep in touch with y'all you can add me:

Djewic#2332

Floscodk

It has been fun raiding with you lokii and I too applaud the people who showed up every raid hoping for progression but sadly being let down.

I would of loved to kill garrosh HC before WoD since im quitting then too but for me there is no point finding a new guild just to quit in a few months so for now ill just be floating around doing pvp randomly til  my end...

I was planning on quitting before i joined valiance hence me asking for a social spot when i joined, but I too ended up being a main raider...

If anyone wants to add me its Ominous#1726

Or skype is scot.laughlan (with the pikachu picture :P)

(I play HS D3 hopefully HotS :O other than that its LoL as Ominous or ImHelpingUs)

meatballbag
Induction

fuck ya'all im going to disneyland

Rokashe
Alt

I will also be quitting PVE and will be playing more PVP, Cheers for the Raids and progression.  

If you do wana find me ill be playing lol on Rokang or steam Anghash87 or skype me: itachiash87

GLHF, wish you all the best.

Dafft1

whaat? no more 5million damage kegsmashes!

Damn you lokii!

Colacubes

I feel the same way and need a step back from WOW for a while. 
You all may have wondered why I've been so distant for the last few months, but that's down to a lot of things.

Apart from losing the fun element of playing WOW, for once I've been overwhelmed with real life stuff.
You all probably know how I nearly died last September in hospital and ended up semi paralyzed.
Well that really shook my priorities up. I initially came back and jumped straight into raiding, but that's cus I really needed a bit of normality and something to help me forget "fuck I have to wear a fucking eye patch to use the computer and drive" or "I'm too weak to even walk".
Before I forget, I want to thank you all for acting like everything was normal when I came back. 
I was really scared to talk on vent cus of my slurred speech and inability to say certain syllables, but to my surprise, no one seemed to give a shit. That meant everything to me.

Now that i'm back to 100% I've been dedicating most of my time to getting in shape. Apart from going to the gym 3 times a week, I've been training 2 evenings a week for a half marathon with a local running club.
I was told I wouldn't be able to properly function until June 2014, but on the 18th of that month I plan to run a half marathon to say "fuck you" to what happened to me.

Because of all this, you can understand why I've been so distant and I hope you understand why I have to complete this half marathon.
On top of all this, I'm still doing my uni work, writing and recording for 2 bands, learning the drums and planning a to get married this year. All while managing a house full of 2 massive dogs and a huge cat. 

There were times where I've lost it, and really fucked some people off, and I apologize for the way I've done it at times, but if you knew what some people got up to in raids like I do you would have done the same lel.
I shouted cus I cared, every guild needs someone to be the "bad guy" (venting the views of all officers and taking the brunt of the retaliation) or there are no consciences for ruining other peoples raid time.  I happily took that role, knowing I wouldn't be popular and hated at times, but I could take it, as long as it made the guild run better.

Cyas soon, but for now  I need to get my life back together after what happened.

Thanks to everyone for continuing with the raiding, for turning up and for being such nice people to raid with. :-)

Lokíí - thanks for trying so long, enjoy your break from the game, and good luck with everything. :)

Cola - thanks for all the effort you put in to strategy, etc. I remember back in ToT when you weren't there one night, everything went tits up 'cause you weren't there to call everything out. Good luck with your marathon, I hope you get well and that everything goes well for you.

Everyone! - good luck to you all, whether you're quitting, leaving server, or staying. Thanks for all the time you put in to raiding. If anyone wants to battletag add me then feel free - Maeriel#2880, just say who you are in the message ;).

Jësterrrrrrr

Bollocks, just got my microphone fixed as well.

Dmages
Officer

I wanna thank everyone in this guild for everything they have done through tout their raiding time here and wanna say it was a heck I of a good time even though we struggled sometimes and had some screaming invent it always ended up helping us in some way.

i wanna especially thank Loki and cola was really fun raiding with both of you and I wanna thank you two as I don't think I would've become the player I am withou you two screaming at me. And I hope that half marathon works for you cola good luck with it.

and thx everyone and I guess this will be goodbye to some as well

Caelian

To Saul and Jonny:

Have a great time outside of WoW guys, you both deserve it.

When I went on my extended "time off", I wasnt really sure if it was temporary or permament, but a few weeks ago I decided I would try again, and I am now acctually enjoying the game again, for the first time in a long, long time.

I would be more than happy and proud to play with both of you if you decide to come back one day. If not, well, thank you for all the fun during the years we played. You are both great guys, both as players but more importantly as human beings.

Hope to see you soon!

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Valiance Forum Index -> AFK Section All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum